Friday 12 August 2011

Elf - Flawless Finish Foundation and Matte Lip Colour

Eyeslipsface.co.uk ... if I had a spare tenner and wanted a new make-up look, that's where I'd be clicking! Just lately I've been trying out the lovely new elf Flawless Finish Foundation, £6.50, and the Matte Lip Colour, £3.50, two fine products at jaw-dropping prices!



This lightweight and oil free Flawless Finish Foundation, complete with SPF 15, has a semi-matte finish and can be blended according to how your skin is on any particular day. If you want a silky sheer effect, blend it in completely with your brush or sponge, or for those days when you need a little help, simpy blend in less for fuller coverage and to even out skin tone.

It comes in a lovely matte glass chunky square bottle with a pump dispenser and looks far more expensive than £6.50! It's slightly perfumed when first applied but if you're not a fan of scents, it's only a light fresh smell which quickly fades. 

I tried shade Porcelain, the fairest shade, as I tend to be the lightest on any foundation colour range. It was pretty light, even on me, so I think the next shade, Sand, would probably be spot on. For other skin tones there are also four more shades, Buff, Caramel, Almond and Coco, so there's bound to be something to suit.

It's easy to apply and blend, even when using fingers, and stays put throughout the day. I liked the semi-matte finish for reducing shine, expecially on sunny days, and the SPF 15 gets a big thumbs up from me!



Elf's Matte Lip Colour finished off the flawless base perfectly. It's a twist-up jumbo sized pencil (hurrah no need to sharpen!) which makes filling in lips a dream as it's much speedier than a traditional-sized lip pencil. It has a lovely creamy yet matte texture, enriched with vitamins A, C and E for lovely luscious and hydrated lips. Personally I've been wearing it with a gloss over the top, which I know defeats the object of the matte effect, but it works well either way! I've been testing out Natural, a suit-all shade, perfect for daytime, but three other gorgeous shades are available - Coral, Tea Rose and Praline, for just £3.50 each.

I've also got my eye on the Matte Finisher Clear Nail Polish which turns shiny nails a fashionable matte, just £1.50!

Got a spare tenner and fancy a pick-me-up treat? Visit www.eyeslipsface.co.uk to buy a few make-up goodies for yourself today!

No comments:

Post a Comment