Wednesday 15 June 2011

AHAVA ... your summer skincare sussed!

It might just be me, but every summer I find choosing a new suncream really quite bewildering. The shelves groan with products, and to honest I'm usually put off by all the lurid yellow bottles with thick, greasy coconut-smelling products! The thought of applying them to my face, and the blocked pores that will inevitably follow, brings me out in cold sweat! Then there's the issue of having to buy different products for myself and the kids, not to mention the expense.  

This summer my prayers have been answered by AHAVA. I've been trying out the AHAVA Mineral Suncare range, a Dead Sea mineral-based line which I've got to say is very impressive. 



The products are an absolute pleasure to apply. The lightweight, non-greasy formula sinks straight into the skin, without leaving that thick slather of white cream so often associated with sun products! The scent is subtle, light and fresh.

What I really like is that, apart from offering the high protection against UVA/UVB rays you'd expect, they're packed full of therapeutic Dead Sea minerals, anti-ageing seaweed, plant extracts and soothing aloe vera so they're also a nourishing and hydrating treat for the skin.

The Anti-Aging Facial Moisturiser is perfect underneath make-up and an essential for protecting against sun-induced ageing. Best of all, no break-outs!




I've not only been using the products on my own sensitive skin, I've applied them to my children too, safe in the knowledge that their skin is then protected for up to 80 mins. They're allegy tested too so I don't need to worry about their skin becoming irritated.

At last, my yearly sun protection dilemma is solved. I'll be switching to AHAVA and staying safe, oil-slick free and delicately scented in the sun!


AHAVA Sun Protection Anti-Aging Moisturiser, SPF 30, £21.50
AHAVA Sun Protection Anti-Aging Facial Moisturiser, SPF 50, £21

Ahava’s Mineral Suncare Sun Protection Moisturisers are available from leading department stores, salons, pharmacies and other fine stores nationwide as well as by mail order and online.  For further information, contact Ahava UK on 01452 864574 or visit www.ahava.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment