Tuesday 5 April 2011

AHAVA Mineral Botanic Velvet Cream Wash

This week I've been bathing and showering my sensitive skin in healthy minerals found in the waters of the Dead Sea, macadamia oil and nourishing organic plant extracts ... it's a tough life!


 

I love body washes which give a lovely rich and creamy lather but often they're so full of harsh detergents and other nasties (like SLS and SLES), that they can backfire on my skin, leaving me dry and itchy. Which is why I love the skin-friendly, allergy-tested range of Mineral Botanic Velvet Cream Washes from AHAVA ... as the name suggests they do leave your skin velvety smooth!

I've been trying out the Lotus Flower & Chestnut (sensitive skin) which works to soothe irritation, nourishes and balances the skin and acts as a natural emollient. I've got to say I'm really impressed!

Firstly, I love the packaging. The stunning botanical photography on the bottles makes this a range which would look stylish in any bathroom, or would be perfect as a gift.

The scent is light, delicate and refreshing and afterwards my skin felt healthy, nourished and soothed, not at all dry and tight. I enjoyed using it both as a shower wash (it lathers up beautifully on a sponge) and in the bath for a luxurious soak.

It is £15 but a little goes a long way and the bottle is huge (500ml) so I'm anticipating months of use from mine. It's a really good product to have on the shelf as part of pre-summer skin prep! I'm starting preparing the skin now so that those faux tans smooth onto flawless, moisturised skin this summer!

There are seven fragrances to choose from, including Bamboo & Pansy and Hibiscus & Fig for Very Dry Skin, and Water Lily & Guarana and Orange & Frangipani for Normal to Dry Skin. 


A quality Dead Sea range well worth checking out. For more details visit: www.ahava.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment