Saturday 5 March 2011

Coming up roses. The soap the A-listers love!



This has got to be the hardest working product in my bathroom! Dr Bronner's 18-in-1 Hemp Castile Liquid Soap, which I'm told is loved by Hollwood A-listers like Drew Barrymore and Sandra Bullock, is suitable for, yes you've guessed it, 18 purposes.

From washing hair and body, cleaning the house, brushing teeth (peppermint probably best!), doing the laundry, cleaning fruit and veg (?!), even washing pets, it seems there's not a lot this multi-tasking gem doesn't do.

Apart from its all-round versatility, what I really love about this soap is the quality and purity of the product for the price. It's just £1.69 (59ml) or £4.99 (236ml) and for that you're getting a superior product containing pure organic oils (extra virgin, coconut, olive, jojoba and hemp). You might expect it to be greasy but it's just the opposite, it left me feeling squeaky clean!

I've been trying the rose soap and have found it to be gorgeous in the shower (creamy velvety bubbles) and I also really love it as a face wash, I just dilute a few drops in water first. I wasn't so keen on it as a shampoo but the range does include a conditioning rinse and a leave-in conditioning creme so I'll reserve judgement until I've tried it in conjunction with those. It's relaxing in the bath too, not the bubbliest bath product I've tried, probably because it's a mild and simple formulation, free from aggressive synthetic detergents, which can irritate the skin.

Available in Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Citrus, Almond, Tea Tree and Unscented Baby Mild, I'll be working my way through the range. 

Available in selected Waitrose and health food stores. For more stockist info visit www.kinetic4health.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment